Monday, May 2, 2011

Controversial Topic!

I have a topic!  And I'm VERY passionate about this one!  So, while it may be considered controversial- I'm still going for it.  Homosexuality.  My thoughts.  Where do I even begin?  I guess I will start with mentioning how 100% FOR GAY MARRIAGE I AM.  Yes, indeedy.  While I only have a few friends that classify themselves as gay and lesbian- I think that their sexual orientation should in no way take away from their rights as human beings.  I have always been passionate about this topic.  I was raised in a household where my mother was very free-spirited and excepted people from all walks of life.  I also come from a background where my father was extremely closed-minded and had a hard time socializing with people much different from himself.  Luckily, I took to my mom's perspective and left my dad's perspective out in the rain! I just personally feel that homosexuality does not make who you are.  It's part of your identity.  I think that those who condem to homosexuals and forbid same-sex marriage are absolutely crazy.  If people are in love... they are in love.  END OF STORY.  And for those who have such a big problem with homosexuals, I ask you this.  WHO ARE YOU TO PASS JUDGEMENT?  Who are you to dictate who one can or cannot marry?  Because those individuals who believe they possess some "right" to dictate the laws of attraction, I would very much like to meet you.  Because I hold much contempt for people who believe they have the right to assert when love is real or fake, plausible or impossible, right or wrong, "good" or "evil".  I'm sorry to be so passionate, but I truly believe in the equality of ALL.  Not some, ALL.  Every single person on this earth has value and rights, and it pains me to see when their rights are exploited, or forbidden, or reprimanded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment